Participant Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) apply to you and any party you are registering for participation in RAISE5 scheduled for September 29, 2020 to October 1, 2020 (“Raise”). By clicking “you agree” during the online registration process or during the online reconfirmation process (collectively “Registration”), each person participating in Raise (“Participant”) agrees to the following.
- Each Participant must have a valid Registration to participate in Raise.
- Raise reserves the right to revoke any Registration at its sole discretion. If a Registration is revoked, a full refund will be issued.
- Only the individual named in a Registration can use that Registration. Each Registration is non-transferable without the prior consent of Raise.
- Unless a Participant requests a refund at least 40 days prior to Raise, such Participant will not receive a refund for an unused Registration.
- Each Participant hereby grants Raise the right to distribute the name and company affiliation of such Participant to all other Participants. Except as granted within these Terms or otherwise granted in writing or through web form acknowledgement by a Participant, no additional information about a Participant may be distributed.
- Each individual Participant is specifically invited to Raise, and Raise will verify that each Participant’s registration corresponds to such invitation. Each invitation is categorized as follows:
- General Partner (“GP”): Participants who fundraise and make investment decisions for a venture fund.
- Limited Partner (“LP”): Participants who invest in venture funds either individually or through an entity.
- Speaker (“Speaker”): Participants who are presenting or moderating at Raise and are not a GP or LP.
- Sponsor (“Sponsor”): Participants who are funding and/or organizing the Event and are not an LP, GP, or Speaker.
- During the registration process, each GP is invited to provide a profile that will be distributed to each LP (a “Portal Profile”). Each GP who submits a Portal Profile hereby (a) grants Raise the right to electronically distribute the Portal Profile to every LP and (b) acknowledges and agrees that Raise will not be responsible for any further distribution of any Portal Profiles by the LPs or any third-parties.
- Raise includes a forum that invites selected GPs to present to the LPs (the “Presentation Program”). During the registration process for Raise, each GP may apply to participate in the Presentation Program (a “Presentation Applicant”) by submitting an application and any additional marketing materials that such Presentation Applicant wishes to submit (collectively, the “Presentation Application”) for review by the Presentation Program’s selection committee (the “Raise Selection Committee”). The Raise Selection Committee will (a) review the Presentation Application and (b) select the Presentation Applicants who will participate in the Presentation Program (“GP Presenters”).
- Any Participant who submits a Portal Profile and/or Presentation Application (a “Submitting Participant”) hereby grants to Raise a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and non-transferable license to (a) combine any information in such Portal Profile and/or Presentation Application with information submitted by other Submitting Participants and/or materials from external data sources, to create an anonymous and aggregated report (the “Aggregated Data”) and (b) present, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, and otherwise use the Aggregated Data during and after Raise.
- During Raise, each GP Presenter will present either live or via pre-recorded content (collectively, a “GP Presentation”). By participating as a GP Presenter, you hereby (a) grant Raise permission to (i) make video and audio recordings of your GP Presentation available to all other Participants during Raise and (ii) combine your GP Presentation with your Portal Profile and make them available to LPs on-demand for 90 days after Raise and (b) acknowledge and agree that Raise will not be responsible for any further distribution of any GP Presentation and/or Portal Profile by the LPs or any third-parties.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL RAISE OR ITS SPONSORS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANTS, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR (a) ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, (b) DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN RAISE, EVEN IF RAISE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, (c) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT IN RAISE OR THE RAISE WEBSITE, (d) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE RAISE WEBSITE OR INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (e) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION OF RAISE, OR (f) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE RAISE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN RAISE, AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH RAISE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE SAME, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SAFETY, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING. RAISE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
- Each Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Raise and its officers, managers, members, employees, volunteers, agents, affiliates, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with such Participant’s involvement with Raise or violation of these Terms.
- The Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Each Participant and Raise hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Denver, Colorado and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the adjudication of any dispute arising hereunder.
Invitation Request Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) apply to you in your capacity as a party applying for an invitation to attend the RAISE in the Presidio conference scheduled for September 29, 2020 (“Raise”). By clicking “Submit” or otherwise uploading information during the online application process, you agree to the following.
- During the application process, you are invited to submit marketing materials, including, without limitation, your fundraising presentation (collectively, the “Marketing Materials”) for review by the Raise invitation committee (the “Raise Invitation Committee”). The Raise Invitation Committee will (a) review the Marketing Materials and (b) decide if you will be invited to Raise.
- By submitting the Marketing Materials, you hereby grant to Raise a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and non-transferable license to (a) review and use the Marketing Materials to consider if you will be invited to Raise; (b) combine any information in such Marketing Materials with information submitted by other invitation applicants and/or materials from external data sources, to create an anonymous and aggregated report (the “Aggregated Data”); and (c) present, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, and otherwise use the Aggregated Data during and after Raise.
- The Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. You and Raise hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Denver, Colorado and agree that any such court will be the proper forum for the adjudication of any dispute arising hereunder.