Participant Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) apply to you and any party you are registering for participation in RAISE in the Presidio scheduled for May 7, 2020 (“Raise”). By clicking “Accept” during the online registration process and/or by obtaining a participation badge at the door to Raise (the “Badge”), each person attending Raise (“Participant”) agrees to the following.
- Each Participant must have a Badge.
- Raise reserves the right to issue and revoke Badges at its sole discretion. If a Badge is revoked, a full refund will be issued.
- Only the individual named in a registration can retrieve and use the corresponding Badge. Badges are non-transferable without the prior consent of Raise.
- Without a prior registration, Badges cannot be obtained at Raise.
- Unless a Participant requests a refund at least 14 days prior to Raise, such Participant will not receive a refund for an unused Badge.
- All Participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Raise makes no guarantee that every session will have room to accommodate all Participants. No refunds will be issued if space limitations prevent a Participant from attending every session.
- Photographs taken by Raise’s photographer may include a Participant’s image, name, and company affiliation. By attending and/or participating in Raise, each Participant hereby grants Raise permission to use the Participant’s photograph, image, and likeness for any purpose, including, but not limited to, commercial purposes, without compensation or credit to the Participant, in any and all media.
- Each Participant hereby grants Raise the right to distribute the name and company affiliation of such Participant to all other Participants. Except as granted within these Terms or otherwise granted in writing by a Participant, no additional information about a Participant may be distributed.
- Each individual Participant is specifically invited to Raise, and Raise will verify that each Participant’s registration corresponds to such invitation. Each invitation is categorized as follows:
- General Partner (“GP”): Participants who fundraise and make investment decisions for a venture fund.
- Limited Partner (“LP”): Participants who invest in venture funds either individually or through an entity.
- Speaker (“Speaker”): Participants who are presenting or moderating at Raise and are not a GP or LP.
- Sponsor (“Sponsor”): Participants who are funding and/or organizing the Event and are not an LP, GP, or Speaker.
- During the registration process, each GP is invited to provide a profile that will be distributed to each LP (a “Portal Profile”). Each GP who submits a Portal Profile hereby (a) grants Raise the right to electronically distribute the Portal Profile to every LP and (b) acknowledges and agrees that Raise will not be responsible for any further distribution of any Portal Profiles by the LPs or any third-parties.
- Raise includes a forum that invites selected GPs to present to the LPs (the “Presentation Program”). During the registration process for Raise, each GP may apply to participate in the Presentation Program (a “Presentation Applicant”) by submitting an application and any additional marketing materials that such Presentation Applicant wishes to submit (collectively, the “Presentation Application”) for review by the Presentation Program’s selection committee (the “Raise Selection Committee”). The Raise Selection Committee will (a) review the Presentation Application and (b) select the Presentation Applicants who will participate in the Presentation Program.
- Any Participant who submits a Portal Profile and/or Presentation Application (a “Submitting Participant”) hereby grants to Raise a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and non-transferable license to (a) combine any information in such Portal Profile and/or Presentation Application with information submitted by other Submitting Participants and/or materials from external data sources, to create an anonymous and aggregated report (the “Aggregated Data”) and (b) present, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, and otherwise use the Aggregated Data during and after Raise.
- Each Participant understands that participating in Raise is voluntary and may involve certain risks of physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses that may be sustained by a Participant. Each Participant assumes all risk of damages, property loss, and personal injury which may occur by participating in Raise.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL RAISE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANTS, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT’S ATTENDANCE TO RAISE, EVEN IF RAISE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN RAISE, AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH RAISE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE SAME, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SAFETY, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING. RAISE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
- Each Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Raise and its officers, managers, members, employees, volunteers, agents, affiliates, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with such Participant’s involvement with Raise or violation of these Terms.
- The Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Each Participant and Raise hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Denver, Colorado and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the adjudication of any dispute arising hereunder.
Invitation Request Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) apply to you in your capacity as a party applying for an invitation to attend the RAISE in the Presidio conference scheduled for May 7, 2020 (“Raise”). By clicking “Submit” or otherwise uploading information during the online application process, you agree to the following.
- During the application process, you are invited to submit marketing materials, including, without limitation, your fundraising presentation (collectively, the “Marketing Materials”) for review by the Raise invitation committee (the “Raise Invitation Committee”). The Raise Invitation Committee will (a) review the Marketing Materials and (b) decide if you will be invited to Raise.
- By submitting the Marketing Materials, you hereby grant to Raise a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and non-transferable license to (a) review and use the Marketing Materials to consider if you will be invited to Raise; (b) combine any information in such Marketing Materials with information submitted by other invitation applicants and/or materials from external data sources, to create an anonymous and aggregated report (the “Aggregated Data”); and (c) present, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, and otherwise use the Aggregated Data during and after Raise.
- The Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. You and Raise hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Denver, Colorado and agree that any such court will be the proper forum for the adjudication of any dispute arising hereunder.